Art work Entry
Entries for consideration for hanging or display will be accepted from Friday 9th. October 2020 until Monday 15th of Feburary 2021. Only entries made through the designated Gallery 247 online entry system will be considered.
- By submitting your works through our online process, you enter into an agreement with The Rotary Club of Flemington-Kensington Inc., hereafter referred to as “the Organisers” and you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- All paintings must be the original work of the artist, and completed within the 12 months prior to submission.
- A non-refundable submission fee of $5.00 Inc. GST will apply, irrespective of the painting’s size. Any number of paintings may be submitted, but a maximum of 4 works may be accepted.
- No work submitted may have a length on any side greater than 1200 mm.
- Art works not accompanied by an image when entries are closed may not be accepted.
- Artists whose works are accepted for hanging or display will be notified no later than Monday 9th. March 2021.
- If a painting that has been submitted on line has been sold by the Artist prior to acceptance a substitute painting may be submitted in its place. No penalty or additional fee will apply.
- Upon acceptance, the following additional and non-refundable fees will apply per work accepted for display:
Open and Local sections:
- $10.00 Inc. GST per accepted painting with longest dimension of 1200 mm.
- all sizes include the frame where applicable.
Junior and Student sections:
- $5.00 Inc. GST per accepted painting with longest dimension of 1200 mm.
- all sizes include the frame where applicable.
Accepted art works must be suitable for hanging or display, correctly marked and labelled on the back with labels that will be supplied, and be ready for hanging with strong wire (flush not protruding).
Hanging wire to be a minimum of 50mm (small frames) or 100mm (larger frames) slack, not to be drawn tight. If the above conditions are not met, paintings might not be exhibited.
Delivery and Collection
- All accepted art work must be delivered to the Kensington Town Hall on Wednesday 24th. of March 2021 BETWEEN 12:00 noon & 6:00PM - ONLY
- Unsold art works can be collected on SUNDAY 28th. March – BETWEEN 4:00PM (no earlier) and 5:00PM.
- A handling fee of $20 will be charged for any paintings not collected by 5:00PM SUNDAY 28th MARCH 2021 No responsibility can be taken for uncollected paintings, which will be forfeited one month after the date of the Exhibition.
- The Organisers will not meet delivery charges on return of any art work The Organisers will exercise all reasonable care in handling the art work accepted, but will not be responsible for the loss of or any damage to any works while in the custody of the Organisers. Insurance against damage, fire and theft on individual works whilst in the Organiser's custody or in transit is the Artist’s responsibility.
Displaying Art works
- The Organisers will display all accepted entries at the Kensington Town Hall, 30-34 Bellair Street Kensington. The official Opening times will be:
- Friday 26th. March - Gala Opening and pre-viewing from 6:30PM - 8:30PM
- Saturday 27th. March from 9:30 PM - 6:00PM
- Sunday 28th. March from 9:30 AM - 4:00PMThe Organisers reserve the right to withdraw any work at any time from the Exhibition.
- All accepted art works will be considered for judging for prizes and awards. Each art work is only eligible to win only one award category.
- All awards are non-acquisitive unless otherwise stated. The Organisers reserve the right to put up for sale in this or any further shows any award winning painting should the sponsor wish to not accept the painting.
- The Organisers’ and Judges' decisions are final.
Gala Opening and pre-viewing
- Entry fee for Gala Opening is $35 per person on Friday 26th. March 2021 6:30PM to 8:30PM. Early bird entries
(before 1st. March 2021) $25.00.
Be first to view the show and announcement of the winners, join in silent auction, enjoy good food and wine, entertainment, meet artists. Tickets may be purchased online via the website.
Attending the Show
- Each exhibiting artist will receive one complimentary entry pass - valid for any day except Friday Gala Opening night. Winning artists who attend the opening event will be entitled to one free entry.
Art work Sales
- The Artist appoints the Organisers as his or her agents for all purposes associated with the exhibition and agrees to allow the Organisers to offer all art works for sale to the public at the price stated by the Artist on the entry form.
- Artists must complete the GST declaration as part of the online entry process. Any applicable GST on the sale of an art work is the Artist's responsibility. All marked prices are to be inclusive of any GST where applicable. Prizes won by Professional Artists who are registered for GST will include the applicable GST amount in addition to the published competition prize amount.
- The Organisers will deduct 20% commission plus GST (i.e. 22% incl. GST) from all sales. Artists will be paid within 14 days of the closure of the Exhibition.
- The Organisers shall have the right to photograph paintings and publish those photographs for publicity purposes.
- The Organisers will appoint a pre-selection panel to review entries.
- The Panel will initially review and assess all submissions received, and will decide which works will be invited to exhibit at the Art Show.
- The Show Judge/s may or may not be part of the pre-selection panel.
- All decisions on acceptances are final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- Artists will be notified which of their works have been accepted to be exhibited prior to the opening of the Show.
- The Organisers appoint external Art Show Judge/s for the Show
- Judging takes after the Art Show installation is complete.
Share this with your friends